We hung pomanders, or kissing balls between red and chocolate drapes that had been swagged and tied back. We do not have photos of the room yet, but we did photograph the process and a sample in our studio.
Here are the steps to create your own pomander:
- 2 pieces of floral wire (approx. 12 in.)
- Floral clippers / stem cutters
- 3" Oasis foam sphere (place in water, leave until it sinks)
- 40 Carnations or similar sized flower (stems cut to 1")
- Crystal garland (optional)
Wrap the wire around the soaked foam. (These now come with netting that makes this step unnecessary.)