Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Alexa comes to us with some experience in event coordination, having run fashion shows for a boutique in Atlantic City. She has a strong desire to learn about the wedding business and we will give her that opportunity. She will assist with events and work behind the scenes on various projects, including the blog!
We welcome Alexa to Isha Foss Events and look forward to working with her this semester.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Kathryn’s main focus is to communicate the importance and personality that many brides seek to voice to their friends and family.
Always elegant and creative, Kathryn Murray Calligraphy will certainly convey to your guests your unique style, and more importantly the symbol of love that you and your groom will share. Here are some samples of her fabulous work.
For more information about Silk Bridal Consignment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757.631.2525 for consignment appointments.
Or visit the boutique at Chambord Commons 332 North Great Neck Road, Suite 108, Virginia Beach.
Like Silk Bridal Consignment, Blush offers pre-owned gowns, allowing brides personalized service and beautiful wedding gowns for half the price. Similar to Silk, Blush also has many brand name designers such as Mori Lee, Jasmine, Priscilla of Boston and many others. For more information about Blush Gowns visit their website at http://www.blushgowns.com/ or call for appointment at 757.595.7797.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Norfolk Botanical Garden
6700 Azalea Garden Road
Norfolk, Virginia 23518
Contact: Wedding Office x 320
There are several outdoor spaces with varied "personalities" and a few indoor spaces as well.
You can have ceremony, reception, or both at many of the sites. Tents are permitted and rain sites are available on a limited basis.
Rental pricing ranges from $800 - $4500 depending on space and season. Ceremony space rental is for a minimum of 2 hours.
Capacities up to 240 seated for indoor site. The sky is the limit for tented events in Mayor's Row.
For more rental information click here.
- Best months: May, June, October. In hotter months, Butterfly Garden is the perfect shady, secluded spot.
- Ample onsite parking is available. Trams are available for tours and transport during your event.
- Dressing rooms, a variety of chairs, and A/V equipment are available for rent from the garden.
- Outside rental companies are permitted.
- Outside caterer (from large list) is permitted. Catering kitchens and ice machines on site.
Use of garden for portrait session is included in rental.
image: Keith Cephus Photography
image: Don Monteaux Photography
Thursday, January 22, 2009
I chose Mink Protea as the focal point and surrounded it with waxflower, dried lotus pods, frangrant stock, football mums and a variety of greens. Wooden baskets with a touch of moss completed the look and complemented the chairs.
I think this could work for a rustic rehearsal dinner or an autumn wedding with the substitution of warm-hued flowers.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
The article gives tips for tailoring your makeup and hair to suit the time of your wedding. Kim illustrates morning, afternoon, and evening looks on Veronica with wonderful and dramatic results.
Makeup: Kim Wadsworth, BridesMade
Hair: Anthony Taflambas, Anthony & Company Hair Design
Photography: Eleise Theuer Photography
Pickup a copy of the magazine to read all the details and pro tips!
One lucky Hampton Roads bride will be the recipient of a beauty makeover by Kim Wadsworth! Simply leave a comment on this post about your wedding or beauty style.
The winner will be announced on February 8, 2009.
Some restrictions apply. Makeup application will take place at Kim's studio. May not be used for wedding day, but may be used for portrait or other event. Subject to availability.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
She wanted an all white lounge, a tablescape display, and custom lighting. Here is the result!
I worked with Charalese and the Founders team on the layout and draping at about midnight (booths look a lot larger on paper)! I created the tablescape and added some simple and modern floral accents.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
The ceremony was traditional...
Venue: Chrysler Museum of Art
Thursday, January 8, 2009
- Other family events/obligations
- Availability of your desired venue
- Sunrise/Sunset (for pictures)
- Festivals, concerts, and public events that might impact parking and roads
- Major construction projects that might impede access to your event
- School schedules(if many guests have children)
- "Off-season" varies depending on the area of the country
- Weigh the increased costs of travel and hotel against the long weekend aspect of a holiday event.
- Check with Visitor's & Convention Bureau for major events (when the Shriners come to town in September, they take almost all the hotels on the oceanfront).